Dark and Darker is a survival horror game developed by Black Forest Games. The game is set in a dark and twisted world where players must explore dungeons, fight monsters, and solve puzzles to survive. Dark and Darker features voice chat, which allows players to communicate with each other in real time. However, there are some cases where the VOIP may not work properly. This article will discuss some of the common causes of why VOIP is not working in Dark and Darker and how to fix them.
How to Fix Dark and Darker VOIP Not Working Issue
To fix VOIP problems in Dark and Darker, you can try the following:
1. Check your game settings:
Make sure that voice chat is enabled in the Options menu under the Audio section.
2. Check your microphone settings:
Make sure that your microphone is properly connected to your computer and that it is the default recording device. You can also try adjusting the microphone sensitivity settings in the game or in your operating system.
3. Restart your computer and the game:
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor problems.
4. Update your sound drivers:
Outdated sound drivers can sometimes cause problems with voice chat. You can download the latest sound drivers for your computer from the manufacturer’s website.
5. Check your internet connection
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your firewall is not blocking the game’s VOIP traffic.
6. Verify the game files
If you are playing the game on Steam, you can verify the game files to make sure that they are not corrupted. To do this, right-click on the game in your Steam library and select Properties. Then, click on the Local Files tab and click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
7. Reinstall the game
If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, you can try reinstalling the game or contact game support for it.
Additional Tips If Dark and Darker VOIP still not Working
- If you are using a wireless microphone, make sure that it is close to your computer and that there are no obstacles between the microphone and your computer.
- If you are still having problems, try using a different microphone.
- You can also try changing the VOIP settings in the game. For example, you can try changing the voice chat mode from Push to Talk to Always On.
- If you are playing the game on a multiplayer server, make sure that the server has VOIP enabled.
- If you are still having problems, you can contact the developer of Dark and Darker for support.
In conclusion, there are a few common causes of VOIP not working in Dark and Darker. These include voice chat not being enabled in the game settings, microphone not being properly connected or configured, outdated sound drivers, internet connection problems, and problems with the game itself. I hope this article has helped you fix your VOIP not working issue in Dark and Darker. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.